The United States is proud to be supporting Tanzania as they take a leadership role in their fight against HIV/AIDS.
Progress achieved in Tanzania through direct PEPFAR (The President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief) support during fiscal year (FY) 2010:
- 255,500 individuals receiving antiretroviral treatment
- 935,500 HIV-positive individuals who received care and support (including TB/HIV)
- 330,100 orphans and vulnerable children (OVCs) receiving support
- 1,374,700 pregnant women with known HIV status receiving services
- 58,800 HIV-positive pregnant women receiving antiretroviral prophylaxis for PMTCT
- 2,664,300 individuals receiving counseling and testing
- 11,172 estimated infant HIV infections averted
- Through PEPFAR, Tanzania received $1,186 million to support comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care programs from FY 2004 to FY 2009.
Read more at the PEPFAR Tanzania program page, and the U.S. Embassy Tanzania PEPFAR page.
- HIV/AIDS Training Resource Kit (pdf, 5.7 MB) - Available on ICE publications website and the "Sharing Promising Practices" CD
- The HIV/AIDS Training Resource Kit is a comprehensive set of training resources for posts. It provides session plans, fact sheets, and other resources to help tailor HIV/AIDS training in pre-service training and in-service training to the needs of various groups of trainees and Volunteers. The eight modules in the Resource Kit were organized around what is already happening in the field in HIV/AIDS activities. Reports of what Volunteers are doing are grouped by competencies needed for those activities. [ICE No. T0136K]
- List of PEPFAR partners by district and topic areas (xlsx, 32 KB)
- AIDS info handout (Swahili) (doc, 30 KB)
- World AIDS day talking points (Swahili) (doc, 50 KB)
- Women’s Day HIV Event project description (Kelly Thayer, PCV) (doc, 40 KB)
- Women's Day HIV Event project writeup (Kelly Thayer, PCV) (doc, 30 KB)
- Reproductive Health Education Teacher's Guide for Standard 7 (pdf, 6.8 MB)
- Sample FEMA club constitution (English & Swahili) (doc, 39 KB)